Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Motherhood: A Day At The Begley House

So as of December, I became unemployed and am now staying home with the kids.  I have always wanted to but just wasn't sure how it would all work out.  I thought I would go crazy being with the kids all day, want adult interaction or maybe the days would go by too slow.  I had lots of thoughts in my head about being a stay at home mom.  I have worked since the day I got out of High School so to me this is all so new. 

Well now that I have been a stay at home mom for 2 months I am actually loving it.  Well see how long it can last for our family but as long as I am able to be with the children I am going to take advantage.

So here is a glimpse into a day at the Begley House.
  • Alarm rings at 7:30am- I get up and get ready for the day
  • 8:00am- Bryson and Keelin are up getting dressed and breakfast
  • 8:40am- Off to take Bryson to Kindergarten
  • 9:00am- Keelin and I are by ourselves.  We play, read or dance together.
  • 10:00am- Keelin gets her roomtime while I do a daily chore
  • After roomtime and chores are done, Keelin has free play and I do some organizing or other tasks for the day or we run errands.
  • Noon- We head to pick up Bryson from Kindergarten
  • Come home and have lunch together.  For lunch we always have a meat or sandwich, fruit and vegetable
  • 1:00pm- Keelin goes down for her nap
  • When Keelin goes down for a nap, it is time for me and Bryson to battle it out at one of his games.  It is usually UNO- which we both love.  
  • After Bryson and I have time together, he has room time where he usually writes, colors, plays or takes a rest.  While Bryson is doing roomtime and Keelin is napping, I have time to workout and do some reading or blogging!
  • When roomtime for Bryson is done, he is to do some chores around the house.
  • After Keelin wakes up and Bryson is done with chores, they watch some TV.
  • Now it is time to prep for dinner.
  • We sit down every night (unless we are not home) to eat dinner together.
  • After dinner is finish we clean up and have familytime.
  • At 7:30pm we start bedtime routine, bathtime, storytime and hugs, kisses and prayers
  • 8:00pm is freedom from Mom and Dad and we relax and watch TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment