Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cleaning: My Cleaning Schedule

Do you dislike spending so much time on your day off cleaning your house and trying to keep up with all the housework?  Well I did.  It seemed like my day off was spent cleaning the house and doing housework instead of being able to spend it with my family and having fun.

So I have split up my housework throughout the week and month.  When cleaning the whole house in one day especially after having kids, I would rush and not do certain things so I had to get organized.  Every Saturday the task changes so I can get them done once a month.  Sundays we do nothing besides basic things that are needed.

Here is what I have:

Week 1
Mondays- Dust Furniture
Tuesdays- Clean Bathrooms
Wednesdays- Clean Floors, Laundry
Thursdays- Change Sheets, Grocery List
Fridays- Laundry, Grocery Shop
Saturdays- Clean Cars, Clean Windows
**Everyday I clean the kitchen and usually sweep floors

Week 2
Mondays- Dust Furniture
Tuesdays- Clean Bathrooms
Wednesdays- Clean Floors, Laundry
Thursdays- Change Sheets, Grocery List
Fridays- Laundry, Grocery Shop
Saturdays- Clean Baseboards/Cobwebs, Clean Closets, Wash Rugs
**Everyday I clean the kitchen and usually sweep floors

Week 3
Mondays- Dust Furniture
Tuesdays- Clean Bathrooms
Wednesdays- Clean Floors, Laundry
Thursdays- Change Sheets, Grocery List
Fridays- Laundry, Grocery Shop
Saturdays- Clean Laundry Room, Bleach Whites
**Everyday I clean the kitchen and usually sweep floors

Week 4
Mondays- Dust Furniture
Tuesdays- Clean Bathrooms
Wednesdays- Clean Floors, Laundry
Thursdays- Change Sheets, Grocery List
Fridays- Laundry, Grocery Shop
Saturdays- Clean Frig & Oven, Clean Cabinet Fronts, Pay Bills, File Paperwork
**Everyday I clean the kitchen and usually sweep floors

My next task is going to be getting the spring deep cleaning list together:)

3 comments:

  1. I was just talking to a couple friends today about cleaning...and asking how often they clean and do certain tasks...LOVE this! I really need to implement something like this. I've tried it in the past...but it's time to actually stick to it!!! You INSPIRE me Salena!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just recently writing up a cleaning schedule too! Nice to see how someone else does it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an excel spreadsheet up on my bulletin board with more details so that Shawn and I can both look at it. One of the things that shouldn't bother me but does is when Shawn says "What can I do?" So I made this list so then he can look at it and do something on it that hasn't been done instead of asking me all the time. Again I know I shouldn't be bothered with him asking me if he can help (He is a gem) but I get irritated always telling him what to do and having to think so I put it on a piece of paper:) It works great. I have them on an older post.

    ReplyDelete