Thursday, March 3, 2011

Recipe: Chicken Salad

All I can say is Yum!  This recipe is a great one for everyone!  My friend, Laurie, brought this to me when my father was in the hospital for Colon Cancer and also when I had my second child, Keelin.  It makes a lot and it is delicious!

I have made it for our small group tonight, so here you go!

**I have included pictures because I don't like cookbooks with out pictures.  I want to see what the product should look like when I am done:)**

CHICKEN SALAD
Ingredients:
  • 4 Chicken Breast
  • 1 Box of Uncle Ben's Original Long Grain
  • A Bunch of Grapes
  • 1 cup of Celery
  • Mayo
  • Croissant Rolls are the best to serve them on but you can also eat it like a salad or on regular bread

Boil Chicken Breast in water until not longer pink.  Let them cool and then cut into bite size pieces.

Cook the Uncle Ben's Rice as directed on the box.  Let it cool before adding to salad.

 Put Chicken in a bowl.  Chop the celery and add to the bowl.

Cut the grapes in half and add to the bowl.

Add the rice to the bowl.  Now you have all your ingredients now time for Mayo!

Put a spoonful of Mayo in and mix.  Add more Mayo to the consistency you want.

Mix it all up together!

 Here is the final product (This bowl is a double batch)!  Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment