Sunday, January 2, 2011

Scripture Memory and Daily Reading

A friend and I are doing a scripture memorization for the year 2011.  You memorize 24 scriptures throughout the year and check in on the 1st and 15th of every month.  We are doing it through Beth Moore's Blog - http://blog.lproof.org/

Also my friend expressed that she was doing a Life Journal so I decided to do one as well.  http://www.enewhope.org/firststeps/journaling/

This year I really want to focus on growing closer to God and learning the scripture.
My first scripture is Proverbs 15:1 (NLT)
A gentle answer turns away wrath, but harsh word stirs up anger.
I need to hide this one in my heart especially when dealing with kids.

For the journal, I am going to read through the Bible in a year with "The Daily Walk" Bible.  I am going to journal as directed on the Life Journal site plus add a little journaling about my day too.

I have chosen right now to do my reading first thing in the morning in bed.  If I get up and start moving I do other things besides reading the Word and really doing it with my whole heart and spirit.  I will then do my "day" journaling at night before I go to bed.

I am excited to see what God has for me and my family in 2011 as I strive to draw closer to HIM!

1 comment:

  1. Salena, this is so great! I will have to check out the blog. I have been wanting to really dig in and memorize more scriptures.

    ReplyDelete