Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Prayer Pail

I came across this idea on Pinterest and I loved it.  I thought it was simple and great way to pray for other people in our lives.



Here is what you need:
  • A small pail (I found mine in the dollar section at Target)
  • Sticker letters
  • Various ribbon
  • Large popsicle sticks
  • Marker
1.  Place the sticker letters on the pail - we call ours "Prayer Pail"
2.  Tie ribbons around the handle of the pail
3. Write names or whatever you would like to include in your prayer time.  We includes family names, friends names, school, church, government...
4.  Place them in the prayer pail - we will add more as we go.

Make it cute too so you want to have it in your dining room!!!!

Now it's time to pray.  We work ours out at dinner time.  My intention was to prayer for one stick per night but the kids changed it up and we each pray for a stick each night at dinner time.  It has become a highlight of dinner together.  The greatest plus out of the whole prayer pail is that the kids are learning to pray and pray for others.  It is priceless!!!

Here is the link from where I got the idea:
http://www.joyshope.com/2009/07/prayer-pail-with-supercool-guest.html
I didn't like the way the paper looked so I did the letter on the pail.

No comments:

Post a Comment