Saturday, August 13, 2011

First Day Of School Pictures

Well the first day of school is only 23 days away.  I really can't believe how fast summer has went by.  Well my little man will be starting 1st grade and I started last year by taking a picture of him on the 1st day of Kindergarten and the last day of Kindergarten.


First Day of Kindergarten

Last Day of Kindergarten
For the last day I remembered to make a sign for him to hold so we would always remember.  So I want it to be a little cuter so I added some color and a border.  Simple but better than black letters on a white piece of paper.


Here is what I have come up with for Bryson and Keelin, since she will be in 3 year old preschool.




 To make them I opened a word document.
My page set up is landscape
I think made a box with the box drawing tool.  Once I had the box I doubled clicked on the box.  A menu comes up where you can change the outline border and color.  So I did the dots and changed the color.
I clicked okay
Then I drew a text box in the dotted box.  I choose the font "Chalkboard Bold"
Then type the words you would like to say.  Highlight the text and then change the color and size to what looks good to you.
Next doubled the the outline part of your text box and a menu box will come up.  There you will select under Line - Color - No fill.
Then print away.  Make sure on your screen it looks spaced evenly before you print.

You can always get more creative but I was going for simplicity!

No comments:

Post a Comment